Name:
Location: Italy

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Interculturally competent..what a difficult goal!

Hi Everybody!
Here I am this week to speak about my weekly task.

As far as my weekly task is concerned, I was supposed to do two activities:
- Modify and improve the wiki page “Recycling in USA”;
- Read and reflect upon “intercultural competence”.

Concerning the first I had my usual problems with technology…yes..I have still problems with technology! I know that by now I should be an “expert” but everytime, I make some
little “disasters”; fortunately I always try to learn from my mistakes.

The second task, on the contrary, was really interesting; I read some documents about “intercultural competence” and then, filling a questionnaire in, I reflected upon this term.
The word “term” reduces its whole meaning; as a matter of fact, “intercultural competence” refers to a level of knowledge, skills and consciousness which permitt a person to understand other cultures and civilisations, looking at them through an objective eye.
I think this is one of the most difficult goals to achieve and you have to be completely open-minded and willing to learn, learn and learn!!

Sometimes I think….My life will be a continuous learning…and If I have to tell you the truth, this is not bad…I think it can be very stimulating!

Well, with these reflections I finish my weekly post..

Have a nice week,
Bye
Giorgia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home